Praia do Forte is a beach and a coastal village in the Brazilian state of Bahia, 82 km north of Salvador.
Praia do Forte is a beach and a coastal village in the Brazilian state of Bahia
, 82 km north of Salvador
. Despite being overpriced and tourist-oriented without any disguise, it is probably one of the most beautiful and pleasant spots of the Northeast
of the country, and a good way to relax from the noise and crowds of Salvador
What do you do here?
- Shopping - There are many nice boutiques and they don't just sell bikinis, t-shirts and other turtle-themed souvenirs.
- The Beach - The beach is very nice. When the tide is out there are tide pools that are full of sea life. Farther down on the beach, past Projeto Tamar there is a great place for swimming. There are a lot of fish and you don't even need a snorkel and mask to see them. After seeing Projeto Tamar, spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach, swimming in the ocean or exploring the tide pools. It's not uncommon to see a whale surface past the breaking waves.
- Sapiranga Ecological Reserve. Atlantic rainforest area just a couple of km from Praia do Forte. Lots of interesting plants and birds, but rather spoilt by the 4-wheeled motorbikes that are the latest invasive species.
- Horse riding. Available on the beach and for trips to Sapiranga reserve.
- Bicycle hire. Several good trails are available.
- Surfing and paragliding.
- Capoeira You can train for example with Grupo Esporão with some great teachers as Contra-Mestre Fuampa or Professor Macaco.